Project: Coral Reefs in Danger
Coral reefs are built by coral polyps, which are tiny, delicate cnidarians. Recreational divers can damage coral reefs. This damage changes the corals' environment, and corals may not have adaptations that enable them to survive the damage.
1. Identify the Problem In your own words, explain the controversy surrounding diving near coral reefs.
2. Analyze the Options List the arguments on each side of the issue. Note the pros and cons. How well would each position protect the reefs? Who might be harmed or inconvenienced?
3. Find a Solution Write a newspaper editorial stating your position on whether diving should be allowed near coral reefs. State your position and reasons clearly.
2. Essay format
4. Prepare a 5 slide powerpoint presentation.
5. Group project-no more than 4 students in a group.
6. Provide verifiable documentation to justify their opinions.
Brandeis/Rice- Complete the student workbook - Defenses Against Infection and Fighting Infections on pages 549 - 554. Use textbook pages 1014 - 1022 for assistance. Study for assessment Tuesday on the immune system.
CalTech/JohnsHopkins- Read Long Term Changes in Climate pages 636-640 in textbook. Insert vocabulary with definitions. Copy and answer Q1-3 on page 640 in textbook. Due Monday. Study for exam on weather and climate on Tuesday.
|File Size:||4322 kb|
|File Size:||9498 kb|