6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Today we are going to learn about the female menstrual cycle and menstruation.
I can describe the menstrual cycle of the female reproductive system.
Learning Objectives: Define menstrual cycle and menstruation. Outline the monthly cycle of the female reproductive system.
What happens during the menstrual cycle?
The menstrual cycle is a monthly cycle of changes in the ovaries and uterus.
During menstruation, blood and other tissues from the lining of the uterus are shed and exit the body.
TODAY’S TEXT: https://www.ck12.org/book/ck-12-life-science-concepts/section/11.71/
DIRECTIONS: Use menstrual cycle resource to answer the question below:
Briefly explain what happens during the menstrual cycle?
DIRECTIONS: Use TODAY’S TEXT to answer the TEXT BASED questions that follow.
1.What is ovulation?
2. What role does the pituitary gland play in menstruation? What controls the pituitary gland? What does this gland secrete?
3. How do the ovaries respond to a signal from the pituitary gland?
4. What does a peak in LH signal?
5. What role does progesterone play in the menstrual cycle? Where does the progesterone come from?
1. What happens in the uterus as the egg and follicle are developing in the ovary? Why is this necessary?
2. What happens to the uterus if the egg is not fertilized?
3. Explain what happens during menstruation.
Caltech & John Hopkins
Friday 5.22.20: Complete the cell worksheet. Please put your answers here to the questions from the posted worksheet. The questions are included on the Google forms document as well. Once you hit submit your answers are final. You cannot take the assessment a second time.
5.22.20: Login to Edpuzzle to complete the video questions on overpopulation due 11:59pm