6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Today we are going to learn about the Nervous System:
The nervous system sends electrical messages throughout the body and controls all other body systems.
The nervous system allows you to think, learn, sense your surroundings, and control your internal body systems.
Read the Article https://flexbooks.ck12.org/cbook/ck-12-middle-school-life-science-2.0/section/11.41/primary/lesson/nervous-system-ms-ls
Write a brief summary of what the nervous system helps you to do. Turn summary in on google classroom.
Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
Nervous System at: http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/nervoussystem/menu/menu.html
1. What are the major organs of the nervous system?
2. What does the somatic nervous system do? Why is a system like this useful to organisms?
3. What does the autonomic nervous system do? How does it differ from the somatic nervous system?
1.What are three functions of the nervous system?
2. What type of signals does the nervous system send? What carries these signals?
3. What are the main organs of the nervous system?
Complete all questions by the end of the day and turn in on google classroom.
Caltech & John Hopkins
4.27.20: Login to EdPuzzle to complete the video questions on introduction to electricity due Tuesday 9am
4.27.20: Use the informational text and diagrams to answer the questions on the 10% rule. Complete questions 1 - 9 only due Tuesday 10am. Download ecology note-taking worksheet in preparation for Google meet class tomorrow morning.