6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Yesterday we took a closer look at the central nervous system (CNS) which is the largest part of the nervous system. It includes the brain and the spinal cord. The bony skull protects the brain. The spinal cord is protected within the bones of the spine, which are called vertebrae.The day previous to yesterday we learned about Neurons and Nerve Impulses. Neurons are usually classified based on the role they play in the body.
We also classified the main types of neurons are sensory neurons and motor neurons. Sensory neurons carry nerve impulses from sense organs and internal organs to the central nervous system. Motor neurons carry nerve impulses from the central nervous system to organs, glands, and muscles—the opposite direction.
Today we are going to learn all about the Peripheral Nervous System
Summary: The peripheral nervous system (PNS) contains all the nerves in the body that are found outside of the central nervous system. They include nerves of the hands, arms, feet, legs, and trunk. They also include nerves of the scalp, neck, and face. Nerves that send and receive messages to the internal organs are also part of the peripheral nervous system.
INSTRUCTIONS: WE WILL MEET TODAY IN GOOGLE MEET AT 11:10 TO 11:40 AM
DIRECTIONS; READ AND READ THE TEXT THAT IS ATTACHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
PNS at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aiI2xt3crY (4:01)
1. What are the two parts of the peripheral nervous system? How do they differ?
2. What do the nerves of the autonomic nervous system connect to?
3. What is meant by a "rest and digest" response? What part of the nervous system is involved with this response?
4. What is meant by a "fight or flight" response? What part of the nervous system is involved with this response?
1. What is the peripheral nervous system?
2. What are the two major divisions of the peripheral nervous system?
3. What is the role of the sensory division? Describe the role of sensory neurons?
4. Compare and contrast the somatic and autonomic nervous systems.
COMPLETE THE Adaptive Practice QUIZ: Peripheral Nervous System
TURN IN BY THE END OF THE DAY ON GOOGLE CLASS ROOM.
Caltech & John Hopkins
4.30.20: Complete the Balloons & Static Electricity Interactive Simulation on StemScopes ((There is a new login for StemScopes. You can't just go to Stemscopes.com anymore according to their website. You must use this link. https://login.acceleratelearning.com/?to=146307 to login to StemScopes) due Friday 9am
4.30.20: Complete ecological succession worksheet. Read questions and view diagrams to respond to questions about ecological succession. You can provide the answers via a Google doc with the correct # response due Friday 9am.
|File Size:||373 kb|