6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
7th Grade: Touch
Sensory neurons in the skin sense pain, pressure, and temperature.
When sensory messages only travel as far as the spinal cord, and skip the brain, this is called a reflex arc.
INSTRUCTIONS: GOOGLE MEET
We will be using the same schedule:
DIRECTIONS: Use the TEXT AND VOCABULARY resources below to answer the questions that
1. What do touch receptors detect?
2. How do receptors communicate with the brain?
3. What happens in the somatic sensory system after a stimulus triggers a receptor?
4. What is touch?
5. Where are touch neurons found?
6. Imagine you touch a smooth stone. How is this sensation transmitted to your brain?
7. How and why do reflex arcs occur?
8. What is the role of mechanoreceptors? Where are these receptors found?
ALL WORK IS DUE AT THE END OF THE DAY AND TO BE POSTED IN LIFE SCIENCE GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
Caltech & John Hopkins
5.12.20: Login to Stemscopes to complete Anatomy of a Cell Multiple Choice Questions due 11:59pm.
5.12.20: Login to www.barronsregents.com to complete the intro to ecology assessment due 11:59pm.