6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
TODAY’S TEXT: https://www.ck12.org/book/ck-12-life-science-concepts/section/11.68/
The functions of the female reproductive system are to produce eggs, secrete estrogen, and support a baby as it develops before birth.
Estrogen, the main sex hormone in females, causes the female traits and reproductive organs to develop and is needed for the release of eggs.
DIRECTIONS: Use the RESOURCE below AND TODAY’S TEXT to answer the questions that follow.
Female Reproductive System at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkcddD0LGlM (5:01)
1. What hormones are involved in the female reproductive process?
2. What are ovaries? What is their function?
3. What is an oocyte?
4. How many chromosomes are in a human egg cell?
5. What is the function of the follicles? Where are they located?
6. What is the function of the uterus
DIRECTIONS: COMPLETE THE REVIEW QUESTIONS.
1. List the two major roles of estrogen in females.
2. What are the main roles of the female reproductive system?
ALL WORK IS DUE AT THE END OF THE DAY AND TO BE POSTED IN LIFE SCIENCE GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
Caltech & John Hopkins
5.19.20: Complete and turn in the photosynthesis note-taking worksheet due 11:59pm
5.19.20: Complete and turn in human impact: overpopulation note-taking worksheet due 11.59pm