6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Population growth rate is affected by birth rates, death rates, immigration, and emigration.
If a population is given unlimited amounts of food, moisture, and oxygen, and other environmental factors, it will show exponential growth.
DIRECTIONS: Use the resources below to answer the questions that follow.
Population Growth at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4HxPxNrZ0 (2:58)
Today’s Text: https://www.ck12.org/book/ck-12-life-science-concepts/section/12.4/
1.How many years did it take the human population to increase from 1 billion to 2 billion? Considering how long it took the human population to reach 1 billion, is this pattern consistent with an exponential growth model?
2. How fast is the human population currently increasing? What kind of growth does this indicate the human population is experiencing currently? Does this rate represent an increase or decrease from previous growth rates?
3. Is our current population level creating problems with available space? Why or why not?
1. List three factors that affect population growth?
2. Compare altricial organisms to precocial organisms.
3. What is the overall equation for growth rate?
4. Does a typical population show exponential growth? Why or why not?
5. Define carrying capacity.
Due at the end of the day in Google Classroom
Caltech & John Hopkins
6.10.20: Login to Edpuzzle to complete the video questions on the introduction to DNA due 11:59pm
6.10.20: Complete and turn in measurement and matter - part 2 note-taking worksheet due 11:59pm