6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Taste and Smell
Today’s text: https://www.ck12.org/book/ck-12-life-science-concepts/section/11.53/
DIRECTIONS: Use today’s text and resources below to answer the questions that follow.
Explore More I
The Olfactory Pathway at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM7H0Wud_Y0(0:30)
1.What is the function of the olfactory cortex?
2What stimulates the olfactory sensors in the nose?
DIRECTIONS: Explore More II Use the today text and resources below to answer the questions that follow.
Taste Centers at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXtM2u--H8 (1:12)
1.What covers the surface of the tongue?
2. What four types of sensors can be found on the tongue? Are these distributed evenly over the tongue?
3. How does stimulation of the taste buds stimulate the salivary glands?
DIRECTIONS: Explore More III, Use the Text and Vocabulary to complete Review questions: Sense of Taste and Smell
1.What is the function of the taste pore?
2. What is at the end of the receptor cells for taste?
3. What do the olfactory receptors have that the taste receptors also have?
4.What controls the sense of taste?
5. What are the five tastes sensed by neurons on the tongue?
6. Why is your sense of taste affected when you have a stuffy nose?
ALL WORK IS DUE AT THE END OF THE DAY AND TO BE POSTED IN LIFE SCIENCE GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
Caltech & John Hopkins
5.13.20: Complete and turn in the diffusion, osmosis & movement across a membrane note-taking worksheet due 11:50pm.
5.13.20: Complete and turn in biodiversity section 1 & 2 note-taking worksheet due 11:59pm.
|File Size:||321 kb|