6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
READ AND READ Today’s Text:
A zygote develops into an embryo and then a fetus.
During pregnancy, the amniotic sac, placenta, and umbilical cord develop inside the mother’s uterus.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Does a growing embryo always look like a tiny human?
INSTRUCTIONS: GOOGLE MEET-
DIRECTIONS: USE THE RESOURCES BELOW AND TODAY’S TEXT TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOW.
Explore More I
Anatomy of Childbirth at: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/beautiful/birt-nf.html (READ THE TEXT FIRST!!!!)
How a Baby Develops During Pregnancy: https://youtu.be/h82ltr84_Yg (Movie Clip)
1. What hormone does the mother secrete at the start of labor? What is the effect of this hormone
2. What signals the start of "active labor"?
3. What happens at the "pushing stage" of childbirth?
4. What is the leading cause of maternal death in developing countries?
DIRECTIONS: USE THE TEXT, VOCABULARY AND RESOURCES TO COMPLETE REVIEW QUESTIONS.
1. What's the difference between an embryo and a fetus?
2. What is the amniotic sac and amniotic fluid? Explain their roles.
3. What is the placenta and umbilical cord? Explain their roles.
4. What triggers a baby to start breathing after birth?
ALL WORK IS DUE IN GOOGLE CLASS AT THE END OF THE DAY.
Caltech & John Hopkins
5.27.20: Login to Edpuzzle to complete the video questions on cellular respiration due 11:59pm
5.27.20: Complete and turn in human impact on biodiversity note-taking worksheet due 11:59pm