Good Morning Scholars!!
Hope everyone had a restful and relaxing break...
Today we will begin a new unit which is entitled "The Language of Poetry"
For this assignment you will complete a worksheet which will guide you on the elements of poetry and analysis of a poem!!!
Please follow the directions to complete the assignment
1. Open the link to the theme and download it
2. Read each statement and select the best vocabulary word that matches the definition. Afterward complete the poem analysis part by reading the poem "April" and fill in the blanks
3. The document is editable, so you can type your answers directly on the document.
4. You can also write your answers on a separate sheet of paper
5. When you are complete please send back your work on Google Classroom and NOT Class Dojo
"The Monkey's Paw" DUE on April 20th, 2020.
*All work is to be done via Commonlit.org* The PDF above is attached in the event that the website is down or the scholar has an issue logging on to the site.*
8th Grade: Every day at 𝟗𝐀𝐌 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. When you log on you have a 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧 to complete. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. Leave a comment/response.
- Please check the Classwork section of Google Classroom for the assignment of the day. There will be a passage, multiple choice and short response questions. Work is due by end of the day, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholars will log in to CommonLit by clicking "Login with Google" and using their school email.
Monday April 20: CommonLit: Can We Cultivate Our Own Happiness?