Today we will continue our analysis of themes and how it is developed in poems!!
Please follow the directions to complete the assignment
1. Read the poems "Dreams" and "Words Like Freedom"
2. Pay close attention to the title, images, repeated words and phrases and how theses elements are used to develop the overall theme in each poem
3. Complete the "Theme Analysis in Poem" Graphic Organizer
4. Answer the two short response questions below the graphic organizer. Please ensure that you are using two supporting details to develop your answer.
5. When you are finished email your work through Google Classroom or have your parents send a photo of it on class dojo
7th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
8th Grade: Every day at 𝟗𝐀𝐌 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. When you log on you have a 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧 to complete. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. Leave a comment/response.
- Please check the Classwork section of Google Classroom for the assignment of the day. There will be a passage, multiple choice and short response questions. Work is due by end of the day, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholars will log in to CommonLit by clicking "Login with Google" and using their school email.