Today you will be analyzing how a poet utilizes figurative language in Poems
1. Download/ open the file below
2. The worksheet is composed of one poem entitled "I Wondered Lonely as a Cloud" with a annotations of specific lines. You are going to read the poem and determine the figurative language for each underlined phrase. In addition you are going to explain the meaning of the underlined phrase. For example.. "She is sweet pie.."-Means: The girl is very nice!!!
3. To complete your work, please open a new document and write the line number from the poem. Afterwards type your answers next to the line number. Each line number must have the figurative language used and its meaning!!
3. The worksheet is NOT EDITABLE!! Complete your work on a separate document and send it back to me on Google Classroom. If you are having difficulties, have your parents send a picture of your work on class dojo.
7th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
Tuesday's assignment is NOT available due to copyright reasons so the scholars will need to go to commonlit.org to access them.
Tuesday April 28: CommonLit: "Sleeping" by Katharine Weber
- Please check the Classwork section of Google Classroom for the assignment of the day. There will be a passage, multiple choice and short response questions. Work is due by end of the day, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholars will log in to CommonLit by clicking "Login with Google" and using their school email.