6th Grade: Today we will continue our study of themes in Poems
Please follow the directions on how to complete your work
Review: A theme is the message, lesson or moral in a story/poem
Recurring Themes: Similar themes that occur or repeat with in different works of literatures
To determine recurring themes, ask yourself these questions:
a. What is the subject of the work?
b. What words or actions tell you how the speaker feels?
c. What images stand out in your mind as you read the poem?
1. Open the link "Recurring Themes"
2. Read the two poems "Table Manners" and "Grumbly-Grump"
3. Follow the questions to analyze the themes
4. Complete the graphic organizer using details from the poems
5. Answer the question below using RACE to organize your answer. Include two details to support your answer!!
6. You can complete your work by writing directly on the document or loose leaf paper.
7. Submit your work through email or class dojo
7th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
8th Grade: Every day at 𝟗𝐀𝐌 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. When you log on you have a 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧 to complete. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. Leave a comment/response.
- Please check the Classwork section of Google Classroom for the assignment of the day. There will be a passage, multiple choice and short response questions. Work is due by end of the day, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholars will log in to CommonLit by clicking "Login with Google" and using their school email.