6th Grade: Today we will continue our analysis of themes in poems...
Please note that the theme is the message or lesson in a text. It is a universal lesson and does not contain any parts of the text such as character names, problem, solution, etc.
Note that poems contain figurative language, so you must read carefully to determine the theme
Please follow the directions to complete the assignment
1. Open the link to the poem and download it
1. Read and analyze the poem , Wind Water and Stone"
2. Complete questions 1-4 ONLY (Not the last two)
3. The document is editable, so you can type your answers directly on the document.
4. You can also write your answers on a separate sheet of paper
5. When you are complete email your work or send a picture on class dojo.
7th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
8th Grade: Every day at 𝟗𝐀𝐌 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. When you log on you have a 𝘿𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧 to complete. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲. Leave a comment/response.
- Please check the Classwork section of Google Classroom for the assignment of the day. There will be a passage, multiple choice and short response questions. Work is due by end of the day, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholars will log in to CommonLit by clicking "Login with Google" and using their school email.