Project: Coral Reefs in Danger
Coral reefs are built by coral polyps, which are tiny, delicate cnidarians. Recreational divers can damage coral reefs. This damage changes the corals' environment, and corals may not have adaptations that enable them to survive the damage.
1. Identify the Problem In your own words, explain the controversy surrounding diving near coral reefs.
2. Analyze the Options List the arguments on each side of the issue. Note the pros and cons. How well would each position protect the reefs? Who might be harmed or inconvenienced?
3. Find a Solution Write a newspaper editorial stating your position on whether diving should be allowed near coral reefs. State your position and reasons clearly.
2. Essay format
4. Prepare a 5 slide powerpoint presentation.
5. Group project-no more than 4 students in a group.
6. Provide verifiable documentation to justify their opinions.
Brandeis/Rice- Complete student workbook – meiosis pages 170 – 173 due Wednesday. Use textbook pages 323 – 329 in textbook for assistance. Study for assessment tomorrow on the immune system.
CalTech/JohnsHopkins- Read textbook Earth in Space textbook pages 660 – 665. Insert vocabulary with definitions. Insert key terms with definitions into notebook. Copy and answer questions 1 & 2 on page 665 due Wednesday January 15, 2020. Study for assessment tomorrow on weather and climate.