6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
We have been learning about the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS) this week.
We learned our body function with each system intact and balanced for us to be healthy.
So today we are going to look at if some goes wrong with our Nervous System.
The nervous system can be affected by infections, such as encephalitis or meningitis.
Other nervous system diseases include tumors, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and migraines.
Read and Read the article attached>
Use the resource below and the text to answer the questions that follow:
Neurological Disorders at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ivWFEyiahg (9:14)
1. What are three examples of neurological disorders?
2. What kinds of deficits can neurological disorders cause?
3. How does blood supply affect strokes?
4. List three signs of a TIA.
5. What is the effect of multiple sclerosis? What body systems are involved?
1. What is meningitis? What are the symptoms? What should you do if you have these symptoms?
2. What is cerebral palsy? What are its symptoms?
3. Compare and contrast tension headaches and migraine headaches.
4. Explain why young people should not take aspirin when they have the flu, which is caused by viruses.
Turn in at the end of the day on google class room.
No quiz today take the time to make up any work that is missing.
Let Me know if you need more time.
Caltech & John Hopkins
5.1.20: Read and answer multiple choice questions based on your understanding of electric and magnetic forces. (There is a new login for StemScopes. You can't just go to Stemscopes.com anymore according to their website. You must use this link. https://login.acceleratelearning.com/?to=146307 to login to StemScopes) due at 8am.
5.1.20: Login to StemScopes website and complete the Stemscopedia: Carbon flow in an ecosystem reading comprehension worksheet. Read questions and view diagrams to respond to questions about ecological succession. You can provide the answers via a Google doc with the correct # response. due Monday 9am. (Login to https://login.acceleratelearning.com/?to=146307 using your 89s.username (Example. 89s.mscott) with your password being your first name. If you have 5 or less letters in your name your password is your full name.)
|File Size:||283 kb|