6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom
Today we are going to Learn more about the nervous systems Neurons and Nerve Impulses. ON GOOGLE MEET.
Neurons, or nerve cells that carry nerve impulses, are made up of the cell body, the axon, and several dendrites.
Signals move across the synapse, the place where the axon of one neuron meets the dendrite of another, using chemicals called neurotransmitters.
READ THE TEXT ATTACHED AND COMPLETE THE MOVIE CLIP BEFORE COMPLETING THE TEXT BASED QUESTIONS>
Use the resource below to answer the Text based questions that follow.
Neuroscience For Kids at http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/cells.html (Text )
1. What are the three types of neurons?
2. What neurons are most abundant in the central nervous system?
3. What is the function of sensory neurons?
4. What is the function of motor neurons?
5. What is the role of interneurons?
Complete Review Questions:
1. Describe a neuron and identify its three main parts.
2. Distinguish between dendrites and the axon.
3. Distinguish between sensory and motor neurons.
4. Explain how one neuron transmits a nerve impulse to another neuron.
Caltech & John Hopkins
4.28.20: Login to EdPuzzle to complete the video questions on magnetic forces due Tuesday 9am
4.28.20: Complete and submit the note-taking worksheet which corresponds to the ecology PPT due Wednesday 8am.