Read pgs. 36-41
1. Create a timeline of Christopher Columbus's voyages in correct chronological order
2. How many voyages did Columbus make?
3. How significant do you think Columbus's voyages to America were in the course of world history?
4. Describe how the goals of Queen Isabella and Christopher Columbus were similar and different?
5. Identify the many groups of people to be significantly affected by the connecting of the Old and New worlds?
Read pgs 42-45 in your textbook
Complete conquistador chart in your notebooks
Study the "Spanish Explorers Map" on page 45 and answer the following questions:
1. Identify the conquistador who explored areas along the Southern half of the Mississippi River?
2. Explain why the Spanish made their first landing on the North American mainland in Florida?