- Identify two ideas or concepts covered in class to justify the U.S. policy of both Westward Expansion and Imperialism?
- Locate (Write, Print, Cut Out) two headlines that are about that are about the same story but written in varied levels of sensationalism. Helpful hint, you can usually find examples of sensationalism in the media in headlines and on the front page of newspapers.
- Why would media outlets turn to sensationalism at the expense of accuracy?
- Read First page of your packet (Excerpts from the Declaration of Independence) paraphrase both paragraphs by stating the main idea in your own words.
- Answer the following questions
- How might this statement have inspired less powerful members of colonial society (including African Americans, Women, and men without property.)
- What might these groups have wanted from the Revolution?
All Grades: Optional Reading: