UCLA - Prepare for ELA InterimComplete worksheets -
MIT & UVA - A Selection from the Code of Hammurabi
UChi - The Sumerians: Bartering
Brandeis/Cal Tech/Johns Hopkins:
Instructions for take home quiz:
- Read and Annotate each Document and identify the main arguments and strategies(Religion, Law, Reason.) used by abolitionists.
- Corroborate/Compare one text and one image. How do they Connect? How are they different?
- Contextualize; You are a free citizen in the 1830's. Which document would appeal or persuade you most to support the abolitionist movement? Why?
Question Formulation Technique:
Q Focus: What was New York City's role in Abolition and the Underground Railroad?
- Select one question you produced from "The New York Times Underground Railroad Clip" that you wish to explore further. https://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/1194817113647/weekend-explorer
Weekend Explorer - Video - NYTimes.com
Follow a freedom trail through pre-Civil War Brooklyn, from a church basement in Brooklyn Heights to a safe haven in Crown Heights.
- This assignment can be done by hand or as a PowerPoint presentation. It will be graded as a quiz. Due tomorrow. I will not be accepting late entries.
- Slide 1 or Page 1:Type the Question Answer the question using three bullet points
- Type the Question
- Answer the question using three bullet points
- Select a relevant image, media clip, or something outside the box
- Describe how your image, media clip, etc. connects to the content of your question
- Provide links to your sources