6th Grade: Find primary and secondary sources on a historic event agreed upon in class.
Create a Native American Time Capsule Brochure!
1)Pick a Native American group that you would like to research.
2)Create a "time capsule brochure" that would interest someone living in 2018 in traveling back in time hundreds (or thousands) of years ago to visit that Native American civilization.
3)The brochure must be well-researched and contain important facts about the Native American group.
4)The brochure should contain pictures or drawings that represent the Native American group.
5)Make sure the presentation is neat and creative, with correct spelling and grammar.
**This assignment is due on October 18.
King Cotton Reflection Assessment Guidelines:
Produce a reflective writing piece detailing the major components of the "King Cotton Packet". This will be graded as an assessment.
- Possible topics to touch on include:
- Describe the attitude of the American Government toward slavery
- How did the Constitution protect the institution of slavery?
- In what ways was cotton such an important crop for both the South and the North?
- Touch on Northern interests which include but are not limited to Textile Mill and Factory owners, Cotton Exporters, Bankers who loaned planters money, etc,
- How did the value of cotton effect the lives of slaves?
- EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION; EXPLAIN HOW A SYSTEM AS MORALLY WRONG AND CRUEL AS SLAVERY LASTED FOR SO LONG IN THE DEMOCRATIC UNITED STATES?