7th Grade: The Rhode Island Colony project is due 11/30 (Friday)
Prepare for Lincoln Debate: (The debate will commence on Wednesday when we return. Everyone will be expected to participate.)
- Complete "Organizing the Evidence" worksheet, and be prepared to argue both sides of the "Lincoln on Race" debate.
- Other notable topics to consider when preparing for the debate include;
- True North and the value of a compass quote
- Lincolns desire to secure the Border States
- Question the reliability of the sources for each document (Political Speech vs Personal Letter to a Friend.)
- Lincoln's dilemma between balancing the Radical and Conservative Republicans
- Why did Lincoln play the long game?
- Was Emancipation a moral or military measure?