6th Grade: Study for quiz on timelines.
King Cotton Reflection Assessment Due Monday:
Produce a reflective writing piece detailing the major components of the "King Cotton Packet". This will be graded as an assessment.
- Possible topics to touch on include:
- Describe the attitude of the American Government toward slavery
- How did the Constitution protect the institution of slavery?
- In what ways was cotton such an important crop for both the South and the North?
- Touch on Northern interests which include but are not limited to Textile Mill and Factory owners, Cotton Exporters, Bankers who loaned planters money, etc,
- How did the value of cotton effect the lives of slaves?
- EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION; EXPLAIN HOW A SYSTEM AS MORALLY WRONG AND CRUEL AS SLAVERY LASTED FOR SO LONG IN THE DEMOCRATIC UNITED STATES?