6th Grade:Social Studies Assignment for Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Access Newsela Articles using the following codes per class.
- 6 VICTOR UChi Social Studies 498222
- 6 VICTOR/GILES UCLA Social Studies 498169
Newsela Article: Getting to know Ellen Ochoa-first Latina in Space
📌 - 6 VICTOR UVA Social Studies 498176 📌 Newsela Articles: 1 Trailblazing Physicist: Barrier-breaking female physicist named on a U.S. stamp 2 Honoring Black Women Suffragists - (complete Power Words)
📌 - 6 VICTOR MIT Social Studies 498183 📌 Newsela Articles: Trailblazing Physicist: Barrier-breaking female physicist named on a U.S. stamp
Read the article(s) carefully - use Close Reading Strategies, then answer the questions in the Quiz.
7th Grade:All questions will be completed by scholars on Google Classroom. The assignment and text pages will be posted on Google Classroom.
Assignment: Scholars will re-read text pages 176-81 and answer the following questions:
- 1. Page 177: Chart skill, Questions 1-2.
- 2. Page 179: Chart skill, Questions 1-2.
- 3. Page 179: Progress check question.
- 4. Page 180: Geography connection, Questions 1-2.
- 5. Page 181: Progress check question.
Objective: I can determine the central idea of a text
(Article) WOMEN IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT by Barrett Smith
Due March 3/10/21