6th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
Sparta: A Military Society 04-29-2020
7th Grade: Complete and submit work on Google Classroom by the end of the day
Good morning, scholars!
In today's reading, you are going to point your compass roses westward! You will be reading about
Americans' attempts to settle in the northwest, in areas that comprise parts of the present-day states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
You have to wonder what would make someone want to travel thousands of miles in the 1840s and 1850s. Remember, the journey itself would be very dangerous and unpredictable. Yet thousands of Americans took this risky trip to what was known as "Oregon Country."
Pushing west is a constant theme of American life in the mid 1800s. You will read that many Americans thought it was their "Manifest Destiny" to reach the Pacific Ocean.
When you read the text, I want you to imagine what it must have been like to make this journey west in the mid 1800s. Carefully read the text! Make sure your answers are fully explained in your own words using details from the text. I hope you enjoy today's reading. Good luck! Mr. Bruning
I Can: Analyze World War II propaganda posters
1. Propaganda Definition - Information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. The U.S. government created posters (and other propaganda) in an attempt to gain public support for the war.
1. Analyze the Rosie the Riveter Poster (PDF)
2. Complete See-Think-Wonder Graphic Organizer on attached Google Doc
3. Complete Image Analysis Guiding Questions on attached Google Doc