6th Grade: Complete Reading Essential and Study Guide lesson 1 or 2
Definition of terms Lesson 1 or 2
Create a Native American Time Capsule Brochure!
1)Pick a Native American group that you would like to research.
2)Create a "time capsule brochure" that would interest someone living in 2018 in traveling back in time hundreds (or thousands) of years ago to visit that Native American civilization.
3)The brochure must be well-researched and contain important facts about the Native American group.
4)The brochure should contain pictures or drawings that represent the Native American group.
5)Make sure the presentation is neat and creative, with correct spelling and grammar.
**This assignment is due on October 18.
- Review "King Cotton" packet and "Argumentative Essay Format" in preparation for tomorrow's written assessment in class.
Produce a persuasive writing piece answering the question, "HOW A SYSTEM AS MORALLY WRONG AND CRUEL AS SLAVERY LASTED SO LONG IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY LIKE THE UNITED STATES?
- Possible topics to touch on include:
- Describe the attitude of the American Government toward slavery
- How did the Constitution protect the institution of slavery?
- In what ways was cotton such an important crop for both the South and the North?
- Touch on Northern interests which include but are not limited to Textile Mill and Factory owners, Cotton Exporters, Bankers who loaned planters money, etc,
- How did the value of cotton effect the lives of slaves?