UVA - continue on your project. Due Monday, November 26
Analyze former President Barack Obama's Thanksgiving Proclamation (2013).
Answer the six questions provided on the worksheet. You must cite evidence from President Obama's proclamation in your answers.
This assignment is due November 26 (Monday).
Prepare for Lincoln Debate: (The debate will commence on the Monday we return. Please email me with any questions over the weekend. Everyone will be expected to participate.)
- Complete "Organizing the Evidence" worksheet, and be prepared to argue both sides of the "Lincoln on Race" debate.
- Other notable topics to consider when preparing for the debate include;
- True North and the value of a compass quote
- Lincolns desire to secure the Border States
- Question the reliability of the sources for each document (Political Speech vs Personal Letter to a Friend.)
- Lincoln's dilemma between balancing the Radical and Conservative Republicans
- Why did Lincoln play the long game?
- Was Emancipation a moral or military measure?